Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Cure For The Winter Blues. . .

The book pile is finally starting to shrink.


I'm down to one smallish pile rather than two largish ones.


I tend to get the winter blues at this time of year and because this winter was so mild I was sure it would pass me by this time.
No such luck. It's still winter and I still can't get into the garden.

Drat!

Mind you, while Jada and I were out walking by the river valley today I noticed some of the tree buds have started to break.
Of course it is also supposed to go down to - 25 degrees at night later this week so I'm pretty sure we have a while to wait yet.
Ah well. . . I'll just have to keep snuggling under my blanket with hot chocolate and a good book!
It's as good a cure for the winter blues as any and a whole lot cheaper than the other popular remedy. . .

Retail therapy.


I was out and about shopping for a few last things to finish off the bedroom and my hallway and the crowds of people in the store just boggled my mind.

Give me a good book any day!

What do you do to cure a case of the blues?

1 comments:

Evelyn in Canada said...

Certainly not shop. Retail could put me into therapy. Reading is a great release from winter blahs. I'm hoping those trees don't actually leaf out yet! We may have a fruitless year if all of the trees do that. Yikes!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey