Monday, December 31, 2012

Health Update.


It's been quite a while since I've blogged.

I was having a lot of difficulty sitting at my desk and had to wait some time for Henry to finally switch it out with something more suitable.

Which is an awfully good reason not to blog.

Truth be told though, the real reason I haven't been blogging is because I have spent an inordinate amount of time on the massive pity party going on over here.

Has my incision healed?  Yes indeed, all the stitches are out and aside from a few scabby bits, my incision has healed.

How about swelling? Any signs of Lymphodema? There has been some swelling but I am assured that it is minor so far and I have been referred to the lymphodema clinic at the Cross Cancer Clinic. I should get in by mid February sometime. (But in the meantime . . . keep my leg up as much as possible . . .)

So why in the world am I holding a Pity Party???

Why indeed.

Nothing annoys me more than being cranky and feeling sorry for myself.

Yet I do. And I am. Cranky.

I have no idea how long it will take for my leg to work properly again. I went searching online for info and my blog post on the subject came up third in the search! There is not a lot out there on the subject beyond medical papers meant for doctors and none of them talk about recovery from the muscle transfer

One thing that hasn't come out yet is my drain. This is a long flexible tube beginning in a cavity by my surgery site, exiting from a tiny stitched hole in my tummy and ending in a flexible bulb that creates mild suction to draw fluid from the cavity. It was supposed to be in at most, six weeks. Tomorrow will be nine.
It won't come out until the amount of fluid in 24 hours is below a certain amount.

Two days in a row. . .

It is slowing down. . . sort of.

Unless I'm busy.

You know, going to the bathroom, making toast, preparing a pot of soup for supper. . .  busy.

Going out???

Ummm. . . the amount my drain puts out jumps significantly. . .
So I have spent the last two days sitting.  And walking very, very slowly.
Because one of these days it's got to come out!!

You know how they say it takes 30 days to form a new habit?

Well it's been 60 some odd days and taking things easy still hasn't become a habit!

Who knew I was such a slow learner?

I have however, decided to leave cranky behind. (Because she is seriously annoying!)

My next post is December In Review as, cranky or not, we have had some fun times in December!

The New Year??

Stay tuned! I may not be able to do what I am used to, but it doesn't mean I can't have fun in a whole new way. . . .

And blog about it. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey