Monday, October 26, 2009

A Walk In The Woods


I met my friend Evelyn's mom and dad this morning while out walking Jada.
They are very nice people and Ev's mom told me that she knows me very well.

Because, of course, she reads my blog regularly!

I though that was kind of neat and felt it was high time I began blogging again.

While going through my pictures looking for something to post about, I realized that I have plenty of material and so haven't got any excuses at all not to post!


A while back I had to go to the north end of the city to Done Rite Floors. Morgan was cleaning out the warehouse and he thought there might be some leftover tile that we could use in the kitchen.

I decided to make the outing a bit of an adventure and brought along Jada and some homemade cinnamon bread for a snack.

After picking out some awesome tile, Jada and I headed out to Ada Boulevard, a beautiful historic neighbourhood that runs along the river valley.

When we lived on that end of town I would walk along that road and drool over the old, huge houses and soak in the gorgeous view of the ravine.

I obviously must be in much better shape than I used to be because I soon found myself at the end of the road and nowhere near ready to stop walking.

Imagine my surprise when I realized that there was a path running parallel to the the road down into the ravine.

Jada and I couldn't resist!

We so thoroughly enjoyed feeling as though we were the only two people for miles. (Ahem. . . One people and one dog of course. I do know she is a dog!)

When we got to the end of the path I discovered we had come out on the Highlands golf course, so we beat a hasty retreat before either one of us got hit in the head with a golf ball. (Hey, it happens. Just ask Henry!)

All in all, it was a lovely adventure.

3 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Byron says that is EXACTLY how it is out at the new lake property. No one around, no cars, no noise except the crickets at night.....oh, and the hunters during hunting season. Apparently the deer are easy to catch around them thar' parts. When are you and Henry coming to visit?!

Nancy-Mom said...

Looks like a nice place for a walk, and yes, it was time for a blog :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose, glad to see my favorite morning ritual is back!!! Considering we talk on the phone almost every day, one would think I get enough Rosa time...but no, I look forward to this every morning! Lisa

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey