Thursday, August 21, 2014

My First Wedding . . .

My photography journey has taken some interesting turns over the last several months.

When I decided to learn more about people photography, I assumed I'd be learning about, and practicing, newborn photography. I've always enjoyed kids (Thus 18 odd years driving a school bus) and the chance to snuggle babies, craft cool setups, and make lasting memories made newborn photography a no brainer.

The one thing I knew for sure that I would never photograph was a wedding. After all, if a baby just won't settle down for a photo shoot you can always reschedule for another day. Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.

Weddings on the other hand, have no room for error if you want to give the bride and groom the very best. It's not like you can ask them to redo their first kiss because you missed it when you were fiddling with your settings or had your head turned the other way at the very moment dad broke into tears watching his little girl walk down the isle.

Nope. Weddings would never be for me.

Of course, as we all know, never say never. . .

I just gave Ryanne and Zack their photos, prints, video slideshow and wedding album. It was an honor to capture their wedding and I'm grateful they allowed me, a total newbie, to do it.





Rather than tell you about their beautiful day I'm going to show you instead:



Who knows what the next part of my journey might bring???

I can hardly wait to find out.

post signature

4 comments:

Nancy-Mom said...

Beautiully done Rosa!

Rosa said...

Thank you! :D

Sigrun said...

Love it, Rosa!!!!!!! Must meet up with you after I finish cleaning the greenhouses and can go to the city again.

Rosa said...

I'm so glad you like it Sigrun! It was wonderful of you to ask me to do it. :D
(and what a bummer that you still have to finish the greenhouse!) They sure can be a lot of work can't they??

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey