Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Flying . . .



Around this time of the year, after a cold snap or two, I start to feel a little cooped up.

 I stay inside as much as humanly possible because I'm a big baby when it comes to cold weather. If it weren't for Jada and the need for groceries, I'd probably stay holed up in my comfy little home for 4 or 5 months of the year!

That's when I start looking through my photo library, dreaming about those beautiful warm days in the sun. I took this image last summer while on a long overdue weekend away with my friend Joyce. (Still to be blogged about. Ahem.)

We gazed at these boats from the deck of a paddle wheeler, the sun hot on our faces, small breeze ruffling our hair, while kids wove in and out of the crowds, looking for the best vantage point, the most adventurous going so far as to climb on benches and hang joyously over the rail.

Watching the boats fly across the water with my dear friend at my side, camera at the ready, the loud splash and swoosh of the paddles in the background  . . . 

Life just doesn't get much better than that does it?

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey