Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bad News, Good News

I just heard back from the computer repair people.
The bad news is, the computer has something wrong with the actual hardware.
The good news is, it will not cost a small fortune to save my files as there is nothing wrong any of my programs.
What does this mean for my blog?
I could have the computer fixed, but my friend Ev found a tower on sale that doesn't cost a whole lot more than it would to fix the old one.
So I'm buying a new tower. I'd like to buy a package so that I can get a 24" flat screen monitor for my aging eyes. Since I couldn't even bring myself to spend money on a flash drive to save my files (That's going to change!) I won't be buying any more than I need. (Bummer!)
I am going to spend the money to save my files though, which means that once this is all sorted out, I will have some lovely warm weather pictures to blog with!
Anyone care to join me in the happy dance?

5 comments:

momofcrt said...

yeah, glad to hear you haven't lost it all, I save mine to discs fairly regularly, but not often enough

Tamara Jansen said...

New computers are just the BEST! Especially if you have all your old files all neatly backed up and reloaded :)

Glad to hear the good news!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Rosa, I've learned recently that there are sites that will save our work for us, an "online backup service," if you will. You can Google this and find several. I'm looking into various ways to back my stuff up.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oh, new computer! So glad you did not lose anything. Celebrate with a cup of tea and something very chocolaty :)

Nola said...

Isn't it amazing how lost we are without our computers? Ours is 4 years old now, so that's practically an antique in computer years! I'm dreaming of a laptop, yeah, when I win the lottery! Maybe someday, but not today!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey