Monday, March 30, 2009

The Last Day of Tamara's Visit

I'm finally going to post about Tamara's last day here.
I wish I hadn't already read her post because, really, she said it all!
However, a promise is a promise so, here it goes. . .

On Tamara and the Big Guy's last day we had the chance to spend a couple of hours together.

Of course we had to go to a garden center!
I chose Holes as it is the best garden center in the area.
Tamara couldn't see what made it so special, as in her eyes it was rather small and lacking in hard goods.

I had to think about that for a while and I realized that Holes to me, is all about the plants. This is the place you go for something different, for information, inspiration and above all, top quality plant material. They carry everything from annuals to trees. If I buy a rose bush from Holes I can be guaranteed that it will be a big, healthy blooming bush and will out perform any thing else I might buy.

You pay for it mind you, but sometimes it's worth it.


We checked out a few things and Tam enjoyed all the bright colours.


She never stops working though, and at one time during our visit she was on two phones at once!


We stopped for a quick bite to eat at Tim's and then they were on their way.

I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to visit with my sisters in person at least once a year.
After we all got married and they moved down to the coast in B.C. there were several years that went by without that chance.
Long distance bills were a major expense and we were so thankful for understanding husbands!
Now of course it is the computer age and we can share our lives by blogging.

It's not quite the same though.
I'm going to miss you Tam.

3 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've always wondered what it would be like to know my sisters. But then, I have blogging "sisters" all over the world.
Brenda

Tamara Jansen said...

Very cute Ros:) I need to reassure everyone that Holes IS a great garden center......it just wasn't quite what I was expecting. It's is still rather early in Alberta compared to here!

I'll be posting about the band concert later tonight.

Gaming Glasses said...

ps4 Gaming Glasses Perfect for gamers with sore eyes! A lightweight frame. Amber lenses designed to help reduce digital eye strain. Filters blue light from the screen to protect the eyes. Reduces UV glare, delivers sharper onscreen detail & increases contrast perception.
Also, Check...
1). amber clip on sunglasses
2). bluetooth safety glasses

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey