Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dear Aunty Nancy. . . Or. . . Another Broken Promise!

Have any of you noticed that the older you get, the faster time seems to fly?
At this point I figure I must be well into my nineties because an entire month just whizzed by unnoticed!
I missed doing something special for my secret sister and  had to do a belated gift which was only possible because my friend Ev and her girls are so creative.
 I would fill you in on what I did, but Crystal was told by my secret sister that she thinks she knows who her sister is. (Which would be me!)
Have you guys been talking???
Some fabulous and exciting things have been going on at my house and everyday I mean to do long, involved posts about it.
Unfortunately those fabulous and exciting things have kept me hopping and before I know it I am lying in bed sometime after midnight thinking " Now did I post today or not?"
I could post pictures to show you some of what's been going on but. . .
I am travelling again!
Yes indeed, for the fourth time this year I am blogging from the damp, drizzly B.C. coast.
Tamara's daughter is marrying a young man who had been a student on my bus for several years and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share in this lovely occasion.
Mind you, if I wasn't retired I wouldn't have been able to come at all, as the groom's father is my substitute driver. I am pretty sure that being the father of the groom would win out over being the aunt of the bride!
I have managed to sneak in a bit of quiet time to blog this morning but I am fairly sure that a search party will be sent out for me at any moment.
After all, a wedding with a " A Night In Venice' as a theme doesn't happen by itself.
Many, many hands are needed to make the transformation from large greenhouse space to enchanted Venetian garden.
So,  if you all will excuse me, I have some  fanciful masks to help finish!
And the enchanted  garden to arrange!
Isn't life wonderful?

1 comments:

Nancy-Mom said...

Hmm, sounds exciting and, as I just said to Tamara, I kinda hope it rains here on Friday so we can come down for the wedding:o) although I'm thinking if it's nice weather uncle Ben can start early in the am and we can still make it......hopefully :o)I'd rather drive down in nice weather .

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey