Monday, January 9, 2012

The Things You Do As The Nest Starts To Empty. . .

Peanut butter cookies are pure gold around here.
Not for me mind you, I hate working with peanut butter and unless it's a peanut butter cup or a chocolate peanut butter square I am of the opinion that peanut butter should just stick to bread.
Since I love my sweet husband quite a lot, every so often  I grit my teeth and whip up a batch of his mom's peanut butter cookies.
 However, making cookies  inevitably leads to beaters covered in cookie dough. . .
With peanut butter cookies this causes quite a dilemma. I won't lick them clean, just thinking about it makes me queasy. Henry's at work so he's no help, the girls don't live at home and the boys are both at work. . . .
It seems a terrible waste not to have someone lick these clean!
What to do. . . what to do. . .






I can't believe I just did that!
I don't know what came over me. I was thinking about how much Jesse loved to lick the beaters when he was little (okay he still loves to lick the beaters), which led me to think about how much Jada loves peanut butter, sugar and butter.
Before I knew it. . . the beater was on the floor!
She was thrilled.
I was horrified.
But only a little bit. 
What do you think I'll be like once the nest is totally empty?
On second thought. . . please. . . don't answer that!

2 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

OK, now you may be taking things a little too far there, sis :)

I should be careful what I say though, seeing as I allowed the "grand puppy" on my bed recently. Who knows how far things could go once everyone's out of the house?!

Nancy-Mom said...

Yep, you're both going to the dogs :o) I'd do both those things but alas, we don't have a dog anymore and uncle Ben says no to another :o( workin on him tho, it's just to quiet around here when he's at meetings.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey