Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Taking An Hour To Relax. . .Visiting Fort Edmonton

I got up at 4:30 this morning, not so much because I had planned on it, but because I have been waking up around five every morning and I was fed up with lying around in bed for two hours trying to get back to sleep.
I thought I had broken free from bus driving hours but. . . no such luck.
I had a very early breakfast and took Jada out for a walk at 6:30.

It was beautiful. With all the hot, humid weather we've been having, it was a refreshing change to have to put on socks and a sweater.

I spent the next several hours on the computer working in Illustrator and then switching out to Word to make some kind of poster for {growing} wisdom's Big August Consultation Sale.

Can I tell you???

I hate not being able to do things well.

I love learning new things but I have high expectations as to how long it should take me to learn them. (No time at all. . .)

Mind you, I am mighty stubborn as well, so while I might rage at the impossiblity of working with programs like Illustrator, I will not give up until I get it right. . .

Thus the Illustrator classes I will be taking in a few weeks.

I do have a little sense however and know when to take a break. (Although my kids may disagree. . .)

By lunch time today I knew there was absolutely no way I would have my sale poster done and since today is August first and the first day of my sale, I gave it up and went with a blog post instead.

It was time to take a break.

I had gone to Fort Edmonton with Holly and Jesse last week and bought myself an annual pass, so I grabbed my camera and headed over there for a little R and R and a little practice time.

Best idea today. . .

This is what I came home with. (After a bit of editing in Picassa.  Learning Photoshop is next on the list. But not any time soon. . .)





View out of the window




Not the best picture but they were so stinking ugly I couldn't resist.  Really. . . they stank. Phew!











0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey