Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Need YOUR Help!

As some of you may know, I have put garden classes from Growing Wisdom on hold for this year as I recover from my surgery.

That does not mean that nothing's happening in this area however!

I am hard at work coming up with new class topics and materials so I will be ready to go come next February.

My plan is to offer a class in my home once a month from February through November as well as giving people the opportunity to book a small class either here or in their home at a time that best suits them. I want the topics of these monthly classes to be relevant to the garden task of each month.

February would possibly cover simple aspects of design both in the garden and in regards to planters using annuals you can start from seed. (I'm pretty sure an inspiring power point will be included. After all what's better than gazing at beautiful garden images in  snowy, cold February while sipping coffee/ tea and munching homemade cookies?) We would cover the best places to obtain seeds, how to fill out a seed starting chart (provided by me) how many plants you would need to implement your design ideas etc.


 March might have a class on seed starting for both annuals and perennials, and cover topics like the best places to get seeds, different strategies for starting various seeds (some seeds require special treatment to germinate) what types of lights and light bulbs to use to grow plants in your home, different ways to set up your lights, transplanting seedlings into larger pots and so on . . .



August could be a hands on class as we put together various elements that can be used to throw a fabulous garden party. Lighting, banners, flowers, food, table decor and the like.


Perhaps you would like to learn how to create simple hand tied bouquets . . .


Or discover what design principles will bring your garden to the next level . . .


Maybe you've always wanted to grow plants in a backyard greenhouse but aren't sure how to go about it . . .

So, where does your help come in?

I can come up with tons of topics that I think you will all like and need but if you don't actually like and need them they won't be worthwhile.

So here's my plea for help . . .

What would you like to learn about when it comes to plants or gardening or even interesting ways to experience the garden either inside or outside your home??

I want to know!

As a thank you for  taking the time to share your ideas with me, I will be holding a draw next week Friday from everyone who responds. You don't have to live close by to help out. Just enjoy a pretty garden and it's flowers.

The winner of the draw will receive a special gift.  Just make sure you leave a way for me to contact you should you be the lucky winner.

*** update. It was such a bummer that not everyone received something from my last draw that I've decided everyone will receive something, with a draw for an extra something on the Friday. . .

You can leave a comment here or on my facebook page or even email me by clicking on the envelope icon at the top of my sidebar. (just put garden class ideas in the subject line so your email doesn't get lost in the crowd. ;D )

I can hardly wait to get started on your ideas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosa! I always love to create interesting and different flower combinations for my containers in the summer, maybe a session focusing on that? You could also incorporate ideas on unique containers to use.

Also, how to bring art and decoration into the garden. I'm always wanting to know more about starting flowers, perennials, etc from seed. That's it for now, but I'll keep thinking...

Carolyn Terpsma

Anonymous said...

How about, how to design a garden for those who don't like gardening (like me). Perennial plants that require little attention and how best to design it so that it won't look too crowded too quickly, yet still give you nice foliage and colour. Unfortunately, I'm too far away to come to the class.... :)
Trish Smink

Nancy-Mom said...

I'd need CLASSES period :o) I've always loved picking the flowers but not the gardening aspect, that was always uncle Bens' domain. Sounds like they would be fun/interesting classes to take tho if that was someting you're interested in,I'll just come pick em after they're ready to be picked :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosa,

I would love to know more about soil. How to keep it from being depleted. How do I know what to add to it. What is too much. How do I improve the texture..... etc.

Loretta

Evelyn in Canada said...

I love presents, but you don't actually need my help. I think you've got it all figured out! You've got a ton of great ideas. (Does that comment still qualify me?) :-)

Unknown said...

I would love to know what flowers/shrubs/perennials/annuals to plant to get color as long as possible throughout the year. What flowers early in the year, spring, summer, fall. Joyce Hendricks

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey