Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Dinner

I had Christmas dinner at my house this year.

As my niece Colleen was coming up with her little family,(including their very small dog Pebbles) I knew I would have to work hard to come close to filling her mom's shoes (my sister Lisa is the queen of good dinners).

I worked feverishly all day Monday, phoning Lisa when I needed a recipe and drafting all three of my boys to help get my room ready to feed twelve people. (okay, eleven and a baby)

Henry kept coming up with ideas which I had to shoot down as I wanted things to be both pretty and functional.

Jesse came up with a good layout. It involved taking out almost all of the furniture, dismantling the computer and sweeping up the many clumps of dog hair hidden both under and behind much of the furniture.(Thankfully we were the only ones to see just how much hair there was!)

Since we also invited our neighbours Kelly and Teresa (parents of Jada's best friend Diesel) I was able to justify having lots of variety in my food. (I love variety!)


We all enjoyed our meal and then gathered in the living room for dessert and a little entertainment.
Have you ever wondered how a big dog plays with a small dog?





Verrry carefully!

It was a lovely evening.

Holly got the chance to hold Colton, Colleen took the opportunity to show him off a bit and. . .

We opened the gifts Colleen and Seb had brought for us.

The girls got the longest scarves I have ever seen, the boys some really snazzy ties, Henry a nice thick fantasy book and I. . .

Well, can you guess what I got?

That's right people, a delicious box of turtles, just for me.

Yum!!!

They were gone by the next evening.

And no, I didn't share. . .

8 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh, that looked like a WONDERFUL night of fun!

That is just too funny to see your dog carefully throwing pepple around with his nose :)

Thanks for posting so soon.....I've been sitting here waiting all morning!

Nancy-Mom said...

Ya, looks like everyone had a good time and I'm sure the food was as delicious as Lisa's would have been. I know what you mean though,I often think of Lisa's spreads when we do one as well. as he makes it look soooo simple to do and it isn't!

Colleen said...

Hey, the dinner was excellent!
I'm glad you enjoyed the turtles! Has Uncle Henry started that book yet? Seb really enjoyd them, so hopefully he does too. And that video is sooo funny!

momofcrt said...

Looks like a great time was had by all.
We went to visit your mom today and then she ended up on the phone for a long time with John. Ah well, next time.

Carla said...

How perfect! Happy Holidays to you and yours:)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh my! I remember when you mentioned the Turtles last time I promised I'd get myself some. I never seem to see them. But maybe I'm just not looking. You and your sister both mention Lisa like she is the next Martha Stewart and you have big shoes to fill!
Brenda

Jenny said...

Good for you for not sharing! :) It looks like it was a wonderful evening! What fun to have so many people. I am just not one for the clean up. :)

CurtissAnn said...

Oh, that's the way it is supposed to be at holiday dinners-- crowded. We had many of those at my in-laws. Now I'm planning for next year, and seeing your methods encourages me.

CurtissAnn

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey