Monday, December 1, 2008

Life Gets In The Way


This morning I told you I would be posting about the Wellington Garden Centre.

Here it is almost ten o'clock (bedtime!) and I still haven't managed to get it done and I feel as cranky as this penguin looks!

Life really does get in the way sometimes doesn't it?(smile)

I will do my best to post it tomorrow but, I won't make any promises. Our school's winter bazaar is this Friday and I have a ton of things to do before then.

I need to make posters and contest entry forms, decorate ballot boxes, figure out how to decorate the food tables, shop for prizes and the jellybean contest, phone anyone I can think of to help out with Jesse's carnival area (his classmates now have a basketball tournament that day), make sure I have enough tables, get the keys to the school and church. . .

Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

It is a real blessing though, to be able to contribute to an event that has been held for so many years and brings back so many fond memories in our community.

Young men and women who's children now attend the school reminisce about their favorite memories, like throwing water balloons at the principal, beating the Kindergarten teacher in a skip off, (actually, I don't think anyone ever beat her!) or how exciting it was to sit with Sinterklaas and Swarte Piet and get candy canes.

I've been doing some grumbling today (mostly to myself) about how all this work is affecting my Christmas plans.

I think it's time to focus on the joy I'll see in the children's eyes on Friday instead, don't you?

I'll post when I can this week and I'll have lots of pictures from the bazaar to share with you next week.

Enjoy the first week of Advent!

5 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Can I count on you to do some servicing in between? Ha ha ha ho ho ho

That penguin does look pretty grumpy.....I have a few penguin pics of my own to post. I'm out with the buyer tomorrow but I'll try post them after that :)

LOVE YA LIKE CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rosa, I heard from Leona that you and her were working together. I miss those bazaars. Don't get to stressed out. Take Care.
Adalia

Nola said...

It sounds wonderful, I can't wait to see the photos. Girl, don't you ever rest?

Brenda Pruitt said...

The same thing happens to me. I fully intend to get something done in one day; and alas, I do not. Meant to dust the black night stands today (what was I thinking, black night stands show any dust whatsoever), but didn't get to it.
Brenda

Nancy-Mom said...

yikes,I am tired now to. You're not supposed to stress a person with MS like that !!good thing uncle Ben has supper on :o)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey