Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dear Ev. . .




Dear Ev,


Remember while we were planting our bulbs today I told you I was moving to the country no matter what?


How I told you that I didn't know how, or when, but that I would do what it took to get out of the city?


Remember how you said that SPIN was probably a great way to go if I wanted to have more space to garden in if I lived in the city and I said (or more accurately, whined) "But I don't want to do it that way! I want out! I'm moving to the country!"


I went online later this afternoon and found out just how much it would cost to live within 45 minutes of any part of the city.


I always forget that that has been what has held me back. I've never been willing to pay what it takes to make the move!


My city house will be payed off before Henry turns 65. If we move to the country he may never be able to retire. I may never be able to retire!


So I'm cured. For now. Should this madness pop up again (and it will) just show me the real estate listings and their astronomical prices and the madness will pass quickly.


It looks like I will be your pesky neighbour and trusty chicken sitter for years to come!


Rosa

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I did live in the country for many years and when all the extras are counted in much more expensive than the city from insurance to gas to taxes....

Evelyn in Canada said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you're not going to leave me all alone, surrounded by less friendly neighbours!

tamara said...

You can always come and visit ME in the country.....

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey