Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Of Those Days

Today is one of those days.
You know the kind.
The ones where no matter how fast you run you just can't catch up.
I drove to school this morning and had some time to kill before I had to do a field trip.
I ran over to the nearest Safeway and picked up a few things (more on that in another post!)
I got back to school, loaded up the kids, dropped them off at the museum and headed home.
I threw my turkey carcass in a stock pot, chopped up some veggies and added them to the pot along with a few spices.
Once that boiled I put the leash on Jada and we headed out the door for a quick walk.
I got back, gave her breakfast and headed back to the museum.
Dropped the kids off at school and came home with just enough time for a quick lunch and the chance to finish off the stock before I had to leave again.
Jesse has drama after school which means as soon as I park my bus I will hop in the truck and head back to school. Unfortunately, drama's over at five and I don't get back with the bus until after five. Last week it took me 45 minutes to get back to school because of traffic!
Yikes!!
It's also catechism tonight and I have to pack up my Easter flowers while he's there.
Seriously, it is really one of those days!
And yet. . . amidst all that chaos I was blessed with a tiny adventure.
Which somehow brought joy to most of my day.
More on that another day. . .
I've got to get back to school!!

4 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh man! Bummer of a day....but it's all worth it, right?!

Nancy-Mom said...

Great, now you're keeping us in suspense.....but...we have two more blogs to look forwad to. And Tam....where's your's???
I love making you guys feel guilty :-)

Evelyn in Canada said...

I don't know if that's a bummer of a day. It was busy for sure, but that's not always bad if things flow smoothly.

Should we all call her tonight and ask about the adventure? Bummer, she isn't even home.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I talked to you last night and you didn't say anything! Just about packing up the flowers....
my days feel like that too, but tomorrow colleen and Sebastian and Colten go home, Alicia leaves for a tournament in Osoyoos, and on Friday Rick goes to Edmonton for 3 days, and Arien has Saterday Sunday off. I think I'll be a little lonely, but it will give me time to seriously catch up on housework.Love you, Lisa

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey