Monday, April 19, 2010

Vegetables

I've spent all winter dreaming of a huge vegetable garden.

There is no space for a huge garden, but oh how I've longed for one!

I've searched the real estate listings for hobby farms in easy commuting distance in our price range. . .

Ha ha ha ha he he he ho ho ho!!!

I've wandered the neighbourhood scoping out empty lots, trying to figure out how I could contact the owners and make a deal which would have them accepting produce or fresh bread in exchange for space to garden. . .

I began to despair of finding anything that would allow my dream to flourish.

In the end however, I decided to take a leap of faith and plant as though the land would be there when I needed it.

These are my leeks. I believe there are over 200 in this tray.

And every last one of them has a place to grow. . .

I not only have one new garden space, I have just been offered a second!

And they came to us!! (Ev and I of course. . .)

Stay tuned for details!

Dreams do come true!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! look forward to hearing about this one! LIsa

Nancy-Mom said...

Amazing ! good for you, enjoy it. We used to have a huge veggy gardenway back when, yummm :-)

Evelyn in Canada said...

All we had to do was make our wishes known and they fell into our laps. And everyone thinks they are benefitting from the new situation. Yay!!

Tamara Jansen said...

Uuuuugh! Vegetable gardening.....that means you have to do weeding, right? Isn't that a lot of WORK? Will you have enough time to service for me if you're out doing your garden :)

Love ya like crazy!!!!

Tamara Jansen said...

service the garden center, I mean. You don't have to do my gardening.....I don't have a garden. It's pathetic!

Rosa said...

You are asking the wrong question Tam. . .
The question is, will I have enough time to vegetable garden after I'm done sevice work for you! ;)
And just so you know (in case you ever start a garden. . .lol)
You have to weed ALL types of gardens not just vegetable ones!
The garden center looked great last noght by the way.
miss you!

Anonymous said...

Trust tam to think of the bottom line, lol, Lisa

Tamara Jansen said...

Happy B-day Rosie-toes!! Wish we could've stopped by for cake and watch those candles get the smoke detector going :)

Unknown said...

You must be good in sales to pull that off.

Amanda said...

I just found you by browsing. I'm new to north Alberta (Bonnyville) and wondering if you live in the same kind of area. I need grow season tips as this is much different from southern Sask where I grew up!! Have time to counsel another gardener? I'm Amanda at agfaulk@hotmail.com

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey