Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter baskets




My four kids are 22, 20, 17 and 15.

Henry's 48.

You wouldn't think I'd have to worry about Easter baskets anymore would you?

You wouldn't think that I'd hear whining when I announce that I will no longer be putting out an Easter basket would you?

You wouldn't think my hubby would care one way or another would you?

But you'd be wrong!

Because ever year it's the same thing. . .

A loud chorus of " WHAT! You can't do that!"

" It's tradition!"

"If you stop now, every one else will have gotten chocolate bunnies for more years than I have!" (That would be Jesse, the 15 year old)

It's not that they don't know the true meaning of Easter.

Our minister had an amazing Easter sermon.

They just want their chocolate bunnies and Easter candy.

And it tastes best when mom buys it!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny. Sounds like something that would happen around here.

I still can't believe you have children in their 20s! You look 27yourself!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey