Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This and that


Well, it's been a busy week already.

The temperatures have been hovering around 30 degrees C or 86 degrees F.

Neither Henry or I function too well once it starts getting that hot, so it's slowed me down somewhat.

I've been busy watering my pots, the veggie garden and Ev's garden (It's looking good Ev!)

I picked my first spinach harvest and Henry enjoyed it in a delicious salad.

Yesterday my neighbour dropped her dog Diesel off. He and Jada have known each other since they were about five months old and go for a walk together most nights.

He and Jada will be having a sleepover until Saturday.

The poor little soul had been rather badly abused before they rescued him, which has left him fearful of a good many things.

Laundry folding, open garage doors, axes, loud noises, teenagers. . . and the list goes on.

This became a bit of a challenge as I have started purging and organizing this week.

Yesterday I started on the kitchen. I tried to work slowly and quietly and he did much better than I expected.

Today, Jesse and I started work clearing out Crystal's room, as she is moving all her stuff home on Saturday.

While Jesse was at the physiotherapist this afternoon, I ran over to Canadian Tire to check out bathroom cabinets and what have you.

I found several things I liked and they are on sale ( I love it when things are on sale!) until tomorrow. After talking to Henry, I decided to do both bathrooms in the same cabinets and light fixtures. The only problem I'm having at the moment is finding a vanity for the upstairs bathroom. We are putting in a pedestal sink downstairs but we had originally intended to reuse the upstairs cupboard and I had already purchased the sink. (over a year ago!)

Most vanities seem to come with the sink as part of the package these days. I could probably go to a bathroom store and order something but. . .

That's when jobs slow down!

I do not want to wait 6-8 weeks for something to come in!

I will have to run around next week.

It's looking like the work will start then too. When my mom is scheduled to come for a visit.

Oh my.

Well, I guess we will be going on a lot of outings while she's here. . .

Pictures tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey