Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A compliment?


I was at the dentist last week for a checkup.

I hadn't had a checkup in over a year and thought I'd better make sure all was well with my teeth before I found myself on the other side of the world.

While waiting in the chair one of the dental assistants walked by, stopped, came in and said,

"Rosa? Wow! I hardly recognized you!."

" You cut your hair. I love it! It makes you look ten years younger!"

"You must have kicked yourself for not cutting it years ago!"

" You look like one of your girls. I can hardly believe it!"

Hmmm. . . I'm not sure if this was a compliment, or a comment on how I used to look!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a compliment, definitely. You looked just fine before too!

- Ev

Jenny said...

I agree with Ev. Certainly a compliment. Although, I'd wanna analyze the part about how I looked earlier, too. LOL Fun post and picture!

Do any baking lately? :)

Jenny

Rosa said...

Jenny, I baked the cinnamon bread last week and somehow it just didn't come out right! I thought I had remembered the last 'adjustment' I made, but obviously I was wrong! :) I'll have to try again. This batch fell down the middle. The ends tasted good though. LOL!

CurtissAnn said...

Definitely a compliment, but how funny! I wear jeans and overalls so much that when I dress up, I get the same reaction. I have responded: "I clean up well."

Beautiful photo!

CurtissAnn

Tamara Jansen said...

you went to the DENTIST in preparation for our journey to the orient??!! I haven't been to the dentist in soooo long and I've been to Holland, Aruba, Ohio, Ontario, Quebec, England, France, Egypt, Brazil, and who knows where else.....I never thought once about a possible dental emergency. Clearly I should set up a dentist appointment as soon as possible because I'm due for an unplanned dental emergency :)

It's good to have sisters that remind you of these sorts of things....oh yah, don't forget to take your imodium allong!

Tamara Jansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosa said...

Hey! Don't make fun of me!!
I have two teeth that bug me off and on.
I want to be totally prepared you know.
And now I am.
Ha!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey