Monday, April 28, 2008

First day in China


Good morning!

It's Tuesday morning, Tamara's in the shower and I thought I'd take a minute to write a quick post.

Tamara and I in front of the Trade show building. For someone who doesn't shop I thought I did rather well. My feet, in their new shoes. . . not so well!


The bathroom facilities came as a rather rude shock to my sister! Don't worry Tam, just pretend your in the woods. Thankfully there were few regular toilets!

Whew.

Our host Daisy, explained that with so many people in the city it would be impossible to keep the toilets clean.

After a long day checking out what's new in garden decor our Hosts Daisy and Eric brought us to this restaurant for a food adventure

All the seafood here is fresh and you choose what you would like to eat for dinner.


The fish is cleaned and prepared in huge kitchens that are open to view.

Some of the more interesting offerings were crocodile and. . .

Sashimi! This came from Canada. Did any of you know that this is what sashimi looked like?


We also had pigeon.

Can you believe I was this adventurous?!

We are going on a river tour.

A beautiful evening on the Pearl river.


Back at the hotel we kicked off our shoes ( I may never get mine back on!) and crawled into bed.

Tomorrow's going to be another busy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd rather be oblivious to what my food looked like alive (yuck!) but good for you for taking in the whole experience!! Those toilets - wouldn't they be harder to clean? Or am I picturing the whole scenario a little incorrectly? haha I think I'd better stay home.......

CurtissAnn said...

Oh, honey, you are so generous to share your adventure! You inspire me-- not to such traveling, but simply if you can be so open to new things, I surely can be here in my own small world. :)

Thanks for giving me a glimpse of the far world.
Hugs,
CurtissAnn

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey