Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Rainy Week


The forecast is for showers all week.

It's been quite gloomy with the odd sunny break and I didn't think any gardening would be happening this week.

So far, I've been right!

This is due less to the random showers however, and more to the fact that the end of the school year is always busy!

Last night was a "Thank you for the music" concert which showcased the church choir past and present as well as the school band, past and present.

It was a great evening, although somewhat sad as well, as we said good- bye to our band/choir director and acting school principal.

He will be sorely missed.

I got very teary watching the junior, senior and alumni band members on stage. I have a child in each of those bands.

This was Morgan's last trombone performance as a senior.

Things are changing. . .




But I can always find solace in the garden. . .
Although I think I'll wait until it stops raining!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your school bus? Just curious. I can still remember when my second daughter (and last child) went off to school. On the first day, I went home and cried. I felt like life had truly changed and nothing would ever be the same. That was now 24 years ago! Where has the time gone! Cherish the moments...
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I'm impatiently waiting for my last one to start school. I'm finding the last days of preschool activities a little sad, but she is so ready for school and all of the social activities that I think it will be good for everyone when September arrives.

- Ev

Rosa said...

Yes Brenda, That is my school bus! A 72 seater.
A 72 seater that is going to have to be scrubbed from top to bottom in two weeks!
Ugh!!
Oh well, once that's done, I have two months with no driving so I won't complain!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey