Friday, June 20, 2008

The Upstairs Bathroom


Well, as promised, I am posting pictures of my main bathroom. The basement one will have to wait until I figure out a way to light it so you will actually be able to see something!

As you can see I have a bit of a mold problem as well as a rust issue. ( the grab bar has rust all around it)

What you can't see (thankfully) is the fact that there is no glazing left on the tub, which means that it always looks grubby! The tiles aren't in much better shape.


The paint is peeling right down to the plaster.


My light fixture only works one one side. I was going to replace it as it's something I've done myself before, but. . .

As you can see it has a plug outlet on it.

This is the only outlet in the bathroom and I have no idea how to do anything about that!

So. . .

It's all going to go.

We will be starting fresh.

And I wanted to say thank you to Jenny and Lynn. Their comments reminded me just how blessed I am.

I have been worrying (and praying) about all the things that needed fixing for so long I seem to have gotten into a bit of a negative mind set in regards to home renovations.

But. . .

No more!

I'm going to have new bathrooms and it occurred to me that I'm not the one doing the work!

Which means I should have time to do some of the things on my list.

And to blog about it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm SO excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures! I'm just wishing for a second toilet. Maybe for Christmas. Strange how our "wants" change as we age, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I totally feel your pain...I hate it when even if you clean something really well, it still looks grubby. I have that problem all the time. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures along the way! I'm glad you are feeling better about it all, I am sure it will all go fine :-)
-Lynn

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey