Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunflowers

As many of you know ,I started this blog with the idea that it would be all about gardening.
I started out okay, but well, other things started to happen.

Once we began renovating the bathrooms , one thing lead to another and other things needed doing.

Suddenly I was spending more time shopping (shudder!) than I was gardening.

I hardly did anything I had planned.

Plants I had started from seed died waiting to be planted in the spring, due to my lack of a greenhouse and too many nights taking care of other people's plants ( but I love you anyways Tam!)

I had planned to plant sunflowers as I love how they look in fall.

That didn't happen, but, thankfully the birds did it for me!

After spending all of last week cleaning and organizing the house I finally, by Saturday evening was able to say I was done.

I had reached the bottom of the laundry pile( a twice yearly event), scrubbed and vacuumed and rearranged the living room.

The time had come to use the lovely sunflowers in the house.

Here's where they went. . .


The garden room.


By my favorite chair.

In my pretty new bathroom.


In the kitchen.

And then, for something a little different,

Some late flowering clematis paired with a bit of sea lavender.

Fresh flowers from the garden, a clean house and, oh yes, applesauce cake made with our homemade applesauce and butter icing. (yes I use real butter!)

Life is very good.

6 comments:

Nola said...

Those sunflowers are too perfect; I thought they were artificial. You have them displayed beautifully!

Carla said...

Are those real!?! I too thought they were fake. They are just too perfect! Ahhh, a clean, decorated house! Now that your done-wanna come do mine??? I'll let you put sunflowers anywhere you want!

Nancy-Mom said...

wow Rosa, looks lovely and I too thought they were fake. You sisters sure have the knack. Didn't come from your mothers side of the family !

Tamara Jansen said...

Hey, we must be sisters with some sort of telepathic ability because I also posted a sunflower picture today!!!!

Love your post and I'm glad that you still love me.....even when I keep you from your gardening :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Okay, when can you come to my house in Texas to make your cake and homemade bread? The invitation is an open one, of course. I can't believe the birds haven't planted some sunflowers for me. I guess I will have to do it. But I still recall the photos of your just-from-the-oven bread, Rosa!
Brenda

Jenny said...

I absolutley LOVE your sunflowers. They're so lovely, they almost don't look real. Wonderful job decorating, too!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey