Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day

It's Family Day in Alberta which means we get a day off.
Jesse and I also had Friday off because the school had a PD day.
Henry, Jesse and Jada went to the cabin for the weekend and met Bernie, Russ and Jada's friend Murpy. They went to do a little ice fishing. (Jada and Murpy just like to run around, wrestle, and chase rabbits.)
I've been putzing around the house giving it a good clean, reading, baking, crafting and going out with Ev to the fabric store.
It's also been a weekend for movies. Ev came over Friday night and we giggled and snorted our way through Johnny English.
The kids and  I (well, which ever kid happened to be around ) decided on a Lord Of The Rings marathon.
We've got one left to go but we're taking a bit of a break, so I'm going to plant my begonias and make a quick supper before we sit down again.
Happy Family Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend some down time. I love to spend time with the kids and grandkids, but spend most time with Alicia, because she is the youngest, and has the most time for me. I love to watch her play basketball, and while I haven't ever had that moment of seeing myself in her(she definately takes after her dad in all the good ways)I sure do stand back sometimes and wonder where she came from! LOL, she is amazing,Lisa

momofcrt said...

Great weekend for sure. LOTR...we'e done that a few times from start to finish. Great movies.
Have a great week!

Nancy-Mom said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing time, enjoy it. :o)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey